FOYA (Founder of the Year Awards) exists to recognize and appreciate young founders developing our nation while creating jobs through entrepreneurship and also motivate the ones who have not to start their own businesses.
This year FOYA will be held on Friday, 13th of September 2019 at Nairobi Cinema from 6PM.Dress code strictly BLACK and Gold. Fill the form below for a chance to attend for free
For the first time since inception, FOYA 2019 will hold a panel discussion on The Sustainable Growth of Businesses in Kenya, with seasoned business leaders giving key note addresses.
Our anticipated guest list includes over 500 Entrepreneurs, Startup Companies, Investors, Researchers, Students, Government Officials, Business Executives and aspiring entrepreneurs (Corporate Managers).
Our mission is to recognise and award extraordinary young founders in Kenya in different categories every year
Celebrate every young founder impacting our nation through entrepreneurship
FOYA exists to recognise and appreciate young founders developing our nation while creating jobs through entrepreneurship and also motivate the ones who have not to start their own businesses
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR FOYA AWARDS, READ CAREFULLY
- Only founders between 18-42 years can be admitted
- Winners shall be determined by; PUBLIC VOTING 60% and EXECUTIVE SELECTION PANEL 40%
- Only founders of Kenyan origin can be admitted.
- Only founders with businesses that fall within the provided categories can be admitted.
- It is illegal to attempt to gain access to the backend of our systems or altering any information on our platform (hacking). If found, legal actions will be taken against you.
- You may nominate yourself or your friend in the submission phase.
- Founders nominated must own a business that has been existence for at least six months or more and has created employment opportunities for at least two people.
- The business must be registered with the Registrar of companies
- Founders involved in the awards organising team, judges and sponsors will not be allowed in the competition.
- Founders that contravene the Kenyan Constitution, do business or link to any form of illegal conduct such as bribing anyone or in any other way discriminatory will be automatically disqualified.
- To participate in the awards founders need only be submitted once. The number of times a founder is submitted to the contest does not influence his/her chances of advancing to the next round or his/her chances of winning.
- Founder of the Year Awards nominees will be decided by the judges who will be informed by the information provided during the submissions in all the categories.
- Any founder with a business that does not suit the category it was submitted in may be removed from the awards or placed in another category without consultation.
- Any submission or vote made outside of the allocated time frames will be discarded.
- The judges’ decision is final.
- The voting phase begins when the judges name the nominees in each of the categories.
- Voting is once per user per day. Proof of maliciously attempting to vote for or in accomplice with a nominee shall result to an investigation and there after disqualification of the nominee if found guilty
- FOYA will not be held accountable for any misleading information submitted and it may amount to legal action upon anyone that submits that information.
- This terms are subject to changes at any given time without prior notification