Women Pioneering Change in Blockchain Technology
In a groundbreaking initiative, Women in Blockchain Africa is set to host its inaugural Female-Led Blockchain Hackathon, boldly themed "Web3 & Blockchain for Inclusive Growth: Building Future-Proof Solutions." This two-week event, running from November 25th to December 9th, 2023, promises to harness the transformative power of blockchain and Web3 technology to address real-world challenges and catalyze positive change.
Bringing Diverse Minds Together
The Female-Led Blockchain Hackathon is poised to assemble a diverse and influential cohort, including:
- Esteemed Mentors: Over 10 mentors from various industries providing guidance and expertise.
- Participants: Developers, founders, creators, and entrepreneurs from the African blockchain and Web3 community.
- Women Entrepreneurs: Visionary startup founders keen on integrating blockchain technology into their ventures or building blockchain-based startups.
- Blockchain Experts: Experienced professionals, mentors, and experts in the blockchain field.
- Students and Researchers: Enthusiasts and scholars exploring the potential of blockchain technology.
Participating in this hackathon offers a myriad of benefits, allowing participants to:
- Immerse in Blockchain and Web3 Technologies: Dive into the world of cutting-edge technologies, expanding your skill set.
- Address Meaningful Challenges: Collaborate with like-minded problem solvers to tackle real-world challenges.
- Empowerment and Skill Enhancement: Gain empowerment and skill enhancement through hands-on experience.
- Recognition and Prizes: Stand a chance to win prizes and receive recognition for innovative solutions.
To ensure inclusivity and diversity, the hackathon follows specific eligibility criteria:
- Team Formation: Form a team comprising a minimum of 2 hackers and a maximum of 6.
- Leadership: Each team must be led by a female participant.
- Individual Registration: Each participant must individually register to partake in the event.
Catalyzing Change and Social Impact
This groundbreaking hackathon marks Women in Blockchain Africa's first annual event dedicated to empowering women in developing blockchain solutions and startups. Aligned with UN Sustainable Development Goals 1, 4, 8, 9, and 10, the event strives to foster inclusive growth and drive social impact. With participants from over 5 African nations, including entrepreneurs, startup founders, blockchain enthusiasts, and professionals, the hackathon is poised to be a catalyst for transformative change.
Shaping the Future of Blockchain in Africa
Women in Blockchain Africa (WiBA) serves as a catalyst for awareness and empowerment for young girls and women in blockchain technologies. Envisioning a future where women drive blockchain solutions across Africa, WiBA aims to raise 2 million female blockchain talents within the next decade. The organization is committed to preparing women to become active participants, contributors, and delegates in the evolving blockchain space.
Save your spot now and get ready to build a better world through technology via this link